Sunday, July 15, 2007

I dont like green beans!

I dont think that I like green beans ANYMORE~

In fact I know I dont~ Atleast not today! I have picked beans 3 times this week. My freezer is getting very full, but my hands are sore, and I am tired of picking them. UGH! Hubby is staying busy so he can't help me pick or snap or freeze!

I am really actually kind of grumpy, and I can't snap out of it! I know it wont be long and he will be gone. We are planning a vacation to Florida before he leaves but everytime we think we are ready to lock in a date then the ARMY SAYS NO! So now we just wait and WAIT!

Maybe soon we will get to see Mickey and Pooh~

I just really do not want him to leave and the only thing he keeps talking about is leaving and what he will be doing there. YES... I want to know, but I am starting to feel really aggervated, and, Dont get me wrong, I am proud of him and what he will do there. My emotions are feeling a little bit RAW!

I remember all too well what it was like when he was gone before, the missed holidays, birthdays and family get togethers. How I felt seeing other couples with their children, and at times feeling angery that I could NOT share that time with my husband. Seeing the couples laugh with their children. What he was missing as a father, that the boys were doing... 1st words and steps.. Now this time one going to Kindergarten and the other Drivers ED!
Worring on a DAILY basis that he was safe. Dreading phone calls at times. People calling asking me if he was one of the injured they heard about on the radio or T.V. AS IF I WOULD NOT TELL THEM!

I wish that I had someone who really understands! Instead of just telling me that you do...When unless you have lived it......... YOU DONT!

11 comments:

  1. I am so sorry
    I can't even fathom what you must be going through

    Sending prayers for you today

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a tough situation to be in. :( I am so sorry that your husband is leaving and that you feel so rotten.

    It's good to get your emotions out so good for you for sharing them with us!

    Sending hugs and positive thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't fully understand what you are going through yet. My husband is in the National Guards and has been deployed for service in Iraq. He is still State side and we can still talk every day. Yet, he is not with our family and we DO miss him.
    Give your kids extra hugs!
    I'll be praying for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. {{hugs}} for you. I don't fully understand what you are going through either, my dh has just come home from a short deployment and that was bad enough. I will be thinking of you and hoping that you feel fine.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you read Tommiea and Christie (I Miei Penseri)? Both of their hubs are currently deployed. I would imagine that friends and other wives nearby would be essential in successfully and heathily surviving a deployment.

    I hope you get a chance to go to Disney and FL soon...you need a break, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there,

    I just wanted to let you know that I know what you are going through because my husband is retired Air Force. It was never easy when we had to be separated. The most difficult time was when he was in Korea for a year, and the readjusting that had to take place every time he came back home. There were many missed holidays & birthdays. He also missed my daughter going through driver's ed. I am not the most patient person in the world so my trying to teach her to drive was a real "JOY" for both of us. LOL I hope that you get to Disney World before your husband leaves. Good thoughts are being sent your way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Girl,
    Here is some ideas for your LOVE of GREEN BEANS...LOL...

    I will try and be there for you when Tom is gone just like before.

    Love Ya,
    LIZZA

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://www.bettycrocker.com/Recipes/Side-Dish-Salads-Bread/Green-Beans?cid=302

    ReplyDelete
  9. Giving you a HUGE (((((HUG))))))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey thanks for stopping by my blog! Love your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been there with the beans situation. We didn't even put out a garden this year!
    Thank your husband for protecting this country!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete