Wednesday, October 04, 2006

In Limbo!

At this present time in my life I feel like I am standing in a hallway with thousands of doors, and I just have to figure out which door to go through.
My husband is back and he is safe, the kids are healthy, school is underway. My oldest is in middle school this year and doing very well. My middle son is giving me havic as he has ADHD, and F.A.E.S. We adopted him and his younger brother, and we just continue to have problems with him. I just dont know what avenue to turn down and help him. Every day seems to be a battle with him. Part of his behavior is due to his age and the rest is from what he has been through. I just pray for him to walk through this with me, instead of fighting and screaming evryday! He has been through so much in his short life, and I am afraid to ask him what is going on in his head, as I am afraid I might trigger something he doesnt remember. He is asking questions about remembering his bio mom, he asked the other day is .blank. my mom and you too? He was seeking answers that he really would not understand. I just told him I was his mom and thankfully his brothers distracted him and he ran off. How do I handle this????? I want to be a good mom to him and be truthful but at this age I am at a loss!

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Glad your back posting again! I didnt realize your son had ADHD. We can help eachother! What is the other thing that he has?? I have my son going to a pshycologist for behavior management and it is working. I know here in our state they offer that through the health department and in some schools free of charge. Glad to hear your husband is back safe and sound! I will pray for you and your family! Can you tell us what the relationship between his mother and you are? Seems like you know her? That is so great to take on children that arent your own! God will bless you for that! Hugs from Oklahoma!

    ReplyDelete