Friday, March 23, 2007

Spring Time Blahs

With the thoughts that My husband could go away again very soon... I am pondering on Springtime, and new beginnings.When he was gone he missed so much of the changing of the seasons. I couldnt believe that he missed it the way he did... He said that yes there is some green in Afghanistan but there was more sand and you had to travel to find the grass. I took a couple of pictures yesterday of home, I was TRYING to get a couple pictures of the lightning. It was tremendous! It was just Raining.... The other two are from Afghanistan. The climates are SO different! Tom informed me that while the guys were gone that one of them missed the colors of natures SO much that he had his wife seed him seeds, soil and pots to have a flower garden outside of their home. (If that is what you call being in a foriegn country with voilence all around you)Perhaps I am a little bitter and to say the least upset. I think that everyone should have some color in their lives.God gave us eyes and made things beautiful for a reason. I say we should all enjoy it! Stop and smell the flowers. Think of the service men and women that are missing home, the trees blooming, the grass turning springtime green... Something in everyday life I am sure we all take for granted! When Tom came home on leave to Indiana from Afghanistan for two weeks in January mind you, when it is cold and snowy all he could say the whole ride home was how pretty it was here how Green and how colorful things were. I challenge you all to take a minute while you are planting or picking out flowers or veggies for those gardens to think of the men and women out there missing home... Missing their families and missing COLOR! I dont think I can imagine what it's like! What it would be like to gone away from everything cheery, bright, colorful and still be away from home! God Gave us the beauty of the colors of the rainbow~

1 comment:

  1. Oh I wish I could give you a big hug right now. I can't imagine my hubby leaving for a long time. Is it for certain that he will be going again??? I send goodies all the time to our service men and women thru adoptaplatoon.org...never have I thought about sending seeds and dirt. May just have to add that to my list! I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. :)

    ReplyDelete