Sunday, May 13, 2007

Hands and Feet, and Moms Day

I know that topic will get some attention~ I just don't know what else to give this.

I have really been thinking about this since a new blog friend brought to my attention that she thought that soldiers were like God's hands and feet. It has never been my intention to make this blog about my husband or to get pity. I did receive a few emails regarding poor me.. Anyway, I had a really busy weekend, I was sick last week, and the boys had a game Saturday and then a birthday party for a friends daughter. Hubby has been away working 12 hour shifts with 1 hour drives to and from work for a Homeland saftey mission. All I wanted today was to stay home and stay in my Jammie's. That is ALL that I wanted for moms day. I got so MUCH more. Hubby was told to celebrate moms day another day for me, I didnt want him to worry about today with his work and him being exhausted.. I DO at times TRY to baby him! Our oldest had told me he had asked Dad to take him to buy some potting soil and flowers to put in a favorite pot that is empty. It didn't happen though. Josh did however take the Lil guys upstairs and tried to get Trent to tell him why he loved me and help him write it out. I got a picture of a 4 year olds version of one single potato. He loves my potatoes and carrots. (So he says!) I will be keeping this picture for the next meal with one of these on the menu. I got a nice homemade card from Josh. He is such an artist. Christian snuck a hot dog out of the fridge while a friend and I were talking about our mothers days and kids games. I asked him what he was eating.. I got a blah and hum. ( Couldn't understand) I smelled the hot dog, and asked "Are you eating a hot dog?" He said, "No, I eat hot ruff ruff". He calls dogs Ruff Ruffs, and so that is now I assume what he call Hot dogs! From him I got laughter.

Finally, I got a great new perspective on soldiers... I had never really considered men and women out on the battle field as God's hands and feet. I am really chewing on this. My husband would not EVER consider himself a hero, not sure about God's hands or feet either. Most of the soldiers or even firemen, medics, police officers that we know don't even consider themselves heroes. I do however think that God can use someone and their ability's to help others. Doctors for the ill, Police for those who need a mediator or to help someone get back on track when they are at fault. Firemen to save a home, office or structure. So many more examples could be given. If you ask these people, any of them I can almost bet the answer to the question of being a hero would be the same.... Most don't think of themselves as Hero's. They call it their job, their duty. However, I doubt that they have been referred to as God's hands or feet. They all run/walk on tired feet to do their job, and they all use their hands to help those in need. Whether it is fighting for their country, our freedom, our safety from a burning building, or a doctor helping the sick or a surgeon repairing damaged organs or broken limbs. They may not know it but God does have a plan for us all. Hands, feet and all.
NOTE~

I got so much today and I did it in the comfort of my home wearing my Jammie's, snuggling on the couch watching old movies. This really was the best mothers day ever, and it cost NOTHING! A note though.. Hubby ALWAYS babies me on mothers day so he is not in the doghouse, he was doing his job being mine and YOUR protector using the hands and feet God gifted him! Thank you Michelle for the new prospective!

3 comments:

  1. You're welcome, Christal! I look at the men and women serving in the military and see them serving others. They walk where others won't; they serve where others can't; they often care for the "least of these". They keep us free. Of course, Christ did all this on a completely different level, but then He called upon us to be His hands and feet. In their very unique way, so many of the armed forces do that. We all may not always agree with the "cause" and of course there are stories that break our hearts when a very small minority act in a way not worthy of the uniform, but by-and-large those serving our country are serving us. And isn't that what God called us to do? Serve each other? Thank you to those heroes such as your husband. Whether they think of themselves that way or not, I do think of them in that way. And I thank God for them.
    http://onemomspurpose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh....I love this! And, I am so glad you had a wonderful mother's day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post!

    Glad you got your wish! HUGS!

    xoxo,
    Becca

    ReplyDelete