Sunday, November 18, 2007

Big Girl Panties, Cotton Balls and Faith!

I seem to have fallen into a RUT! I know, I know, I havent blogged and when I have it seems because I have something to say that is about my sad story of hubby leaving.

Today though I turned the T.V. on to the last channel that was on when I went to bed last night... I WANTED to wathc the weather.... BUT God had other plans!

This is what I got in the last 5 minutes of the program...

God has promised ME, I am Blessed
God has promised ME I am Strong
I CAN do all things through Christ.....
I AM a child of God,
I have talents and treasures to offer to those around me.

Here is where my Faith has to come in.... Which is filled with God's promises.

Mark 4 31-32 It is a grain of mustard seed, which, when it sown in the earth, is less than all the seeds that be in the earth:
But when it sown, it groweth up, and becomes taller than all the herbs, and shooteth out great branches; so that the fowls of the air may lodge under the shadow of it.

God says to have peace, be still he is with me... Even on days that hubby will be gone and I am lonely and people worry me about thoughts they have on him coming home. He is with me on the days the kids are running around making messes and making new ones before I get the last one cleaned up. On nights I am comforting a sick child or I can't sleep because the bed feels empty. He is always there. I have to keep that mustard seed watered so it can grow~ ALL I NEED IS FAITH THE SIZE OF A MUSTARD SEED! AND Of coarse and my Big girl panties, and cotton balls for my ears!


3 comments:

  1. good message....we can all use to hear that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was a day for good messages, i think.
    our sermon this week was "attitude of gratitude"- something i certainly needed to hear!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't resist reading further once I saw the funny title of your post. It was worth it. Thanks for sharing passages that are meaningful to you!

    ReplyDelete