Thursday, April 12, 2007

Anger? Pity?

Okay this may be a tough post. When my husband was home on leave from Afghanistan he got very ill from over eating. ( He was so thrilled at the home cooked foods and things he missed while away that he gorged!) Anyway at 5:30am on a cold February morning 2 years ago I went into town and stopped at a pharmacy for some anti-nausea medicine. The pharmacist advised me that it would be about 10-15 minutes as their computers were slow due to a ice and snow that we were getting. I decided to drive to the grocery store and get some Sprite, crackers, soup and of coarse a few other items since I was already at the store. Anyway I went back to my car and the doors had froze shut and the entire car was COVERED in ice. I unlocked ( YES THEY WERE LOCKED) the doors and tried to get inside... The only door I could open was the front passenger door. I was putting the items in the car over the seat and all at once I have a gun shoved in my side and a "person" telling me to SHHH! I was completely frozen, I lost all fine motor skills I couldn't scream or speak. I was being mugged! I shudder at the thought. I felt my breath leave my body. My purse was stolen. My complete identity. I was lost and felt helpless. I was terrified to be out after dark and I still wont park in that parking space at the store. Alot of things regarding this really effected me.

Today it all came flooding back. I went to Walmart to get a few items. Shopped and even ate at McDonald's with the boys. Anyway, I came back to van buckled the boys in car seats and proceeded to put the things in the van that were purchased. Opened front van door and noticed papers were everywhere. MIND YOU IT IS VERY VERY WINDY TODAY! I thought very little of it at first. Until I had to move EVERY item out of the way. I have a longaberger basket between the driver and passenger seat that holds DVDs and such. It was dumped on the floor of the passenger side. I immediately realized that someone had been in my van and could still be. I got the boys out and said oops we forgot something. ( I said that in case someone was inside they would not hurt the boys or I and hopefully they would get out and leave.) I went inside and called the police. The police said there was nothing they could do, I didn't see anyone. Took report and left. I got home and started organizing my van again. Nothing was missing besides the change I had in the "dish". I however had my bible in the van.... I don't go to church every week but my bible is something I value. It was ripped up and shredded. That angers me more then anything... I wish I had a DVD or something stolen... Even if they took my bible that is better then destroying it!
I AM at a loss for words! I just don't understand. Again I feel as I did having a gun shoved into my side so hard that I actually was bruised... I just don't get it! I don't know if I should be mad or pity the person that did this!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my God.

    You are a much stronger woman that I am. I think I would have collapsed into a puddle of tears and fear in both situations.

    There are so many things that are stirred in my with this post...the entitlement that people feel to other people's things and dignity, the disrepsect for the Bible (I'm not at all religious but c'mon...that it such a personal item to mess with), etc., etc.

    I'm so sorry this happened to you not once but twice. I only hope that karma, somewhere, somehow, catches up with these people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! That is terrible! I am so sorry that this has happened to you! There are the meanest people in this world. I am SO THANKFUL though that Angels were watching over you both times! You and your children are safe! AND that is what matters. The bible can be replaced! There IS a God and he WAS watching over you both times when evil took over some people.
    Hugs from Oklahoma!

    ReplyDelete