Monday, April 09, 2007

Easter Let Down






Let me say that first I wont air the dirty laundry on here.....I refuse to go into the details of the thing that REALLY set me off. I will however say that hubby really hurt my feelings and WE all paid for it yesterday. He had his grumpy day.. ON Easter!
My nephews came over with their father to color eggs, have an egg hunt and eat dinner.
The sad thing is, I dont talk to my sister much and found out that her boys had NEVER colored an easter egg or had participated in an egg hunt. I was VERY bothered by this. I could see how excited they were and how happy they were. I am glad that they had alot of fun. ( Just pray for them... They could ALL use it)
In one of the pictures you will see my son. Trent... He could have cared less about the eggs once he seen the Easter Bunny Cake! HE JUST POUTED! Brother in Law brought the cake for the kids! He is a Great dad, it is just sad that things didnt work for my sister and him. He wants to work things out with her. ( Again Pray!)
My hubby ( The MEAN OLE GRUMP) and him hid eggs all over the yard yesterday... ( There were over 100 eggs!) Took them forever to hide them.
I didnt get pictures of them boys on the egg hunt either.... I lost my memory stick... ( Found it last night!) LOL! Dont even ask! Atleast I found it! Anyway I hope that everyones easter was better then ours... But then again atleast Hubby was home and safe and my nephews got to have a nice easter.... ( Theyre 8 and 10) This was their FIRST~

5 comments:

  1. sounds like a lot of fun for the boys despite everything....

    both my girls ended up not feeling well easter morning, so we stayed home from church, then much later in the afternoon we had our egg hunt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your visit and comment on my blog. :-)

    Sorry you had a grumpy Easter, but I'll bet you'll remember it far longer than the ones that went well. Our minds just tend to work that way for some reason.

    Hope today is much brighter for you.

    Friends,

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think sometimes the pressue we feel to have the perfect holiday just strains things too much and ruins it. I hope that your grumpy Mr. is better now and you are enjoying some yummy Easter leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I am back to posting.. hee hee hee. I have been so busy with other things I almost forgot I had a page.. hee hee hee.. Sorry to hear about your Easter. YUCK...
    HUGS FROM OKLAHOMA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad those boys had you to make the day special. This story made me so sad....Some parents just suck the happiness outta being a kid. I saw it way too often as a teacher. You did a WONDERFUL thing!

    ReplyDelete