Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Another Day......

Think it is going to one of those days today! Someday the world around me is all smiles and others it is laughing at me! HA! HA! My husband is in the National Guard, and while he was was in the military before we married, it doesnt make it easier when he is gone even after 15 years.

My husband returned almost 1 year ago from Afghainstan after being gone for nearly 16 months. Anyway this past saturday he left for 2 weeks for his annual training. He broke his foot a week before leaving and with the weather as hot as it is, 96 with a heat index of 110 I feel bad for him. The humidity is terrible, and they are in the field. He called yesterday and said he had not showered since he left and was hot and stinky, and his foot was hurting a little.

I miss him and the boys do as well. I felt very emotional as he packed to leave. It felt as though he was leaving to Afghainstan all over again! He will be home before no time and things will be well again!

The kids today as well as yesterday are keeping me on my toes. They're fighting and hitting each other and not sharing. The 2 year old keeps asking for Daddy, I know this will to pass..... Can it NOW??? HA HA

2 comments:

  1. Hello from Oklahoma!
    Glad you started a blog! I will have tons of fun reading yours! How do you handle your husband being gone a lot? My husband is a pilot and is gone for a couple of days at a time... BUT nothing like what you get to go through.. you are soooooo BRAVE!!! I bet you have some crazy times in your home! I would like you to know that I have the greatest respect for all the soliders and their families! I just dont know how you guys do it! Would love to know more about you!
    Your new friend
    Christi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from Oklahoma!!!
    So glad that you have started your own blog! I will have tons of fun getting to know my new friend. I would like to know how you do it with your husband gone so much? My husband is a pilot and is not gone too much... I have the greatest respect for all the soliders and their families! I think you are a very brave woman!
    Look forward to getting to know you!
    Your new friend!
    Christi

    ReplyDelete