Thursday, July 20, 2006

Hippa! Hippa! Hippa!

I am SO MAD today that I could just SCREAM!!!! We got a bill in the mail today from a medical facility for $314.00, I looked at it and thought how could this be? I sat it down and walked away thinking hmmm probally just something coming in the mail to let me know they ( dr's ) were billing insurance. Anyway, I was starting to do something else and thought wait a minute something didnt seem right that bill was bugging me so i went back to review. There was no where on the bill that indicated they were even billing insurance, it said $0.00 for the blank where insurance amount was.

I immediatly picked up the phone and dialed the number, Voice on the phone says I can NOT discuss this with you due to the Hippa Laws. ( It was a bill for my husband) Mind you were a military family and I have FULL power of attorney to discuss anything regarding him on file pretty much everywhere we have dealt with. This woman still was so arrogant and nastey. Finally, she realizes I am able to know about this bill. Which is a big ole mess due to a referral and SHE tells me to call the doc that refferred him. I do and again..... HIPPA! HIPPA! HIPPA! After almost an hour and talking to several different people ( 1 including having to call hubby in the field on his cell, when he had hardly a signal for him to say YOU have permission to talk to my wife, I am busy training men to protect you~CLICK!) He was ticked! I think we may have this on the road to being resolved! One can ONLY hope! I do understand that this "New Hippa Law" is designed to protect our privacy HOWEVER, I do think it is going too far at times... Sheesh if they want money then they need to talk to the one with the checkbook!

No comments:

Post a Comment