Monday, July 24, 2006

Hi Ho Hi Ho Its Off To Work I Go!

Woooooo Hooooo ... Not really! You see we have a VERY large yard and we mow about 2 acres. The rest is fields and the farmers lease them. Anyway, our mower is broken and the part has been ordered for a LONG time now. I hate it when they say something is on backorder. We have been borrowing my husbands friends lawnmower however with him being gone the last 2 weeks I havent borrowed it. Two reasons, it is a VERY expensive commercial lawnmower and I also dont know how to haul the trailer with something on it, other then pulling forward in the yard. I would be afraid without practice of driving it in to someones vehicle by not turning properly. So with this we have to push mow. EWWWWWWWWW!!!!! To get this done takes forever. Three boys and the younger ones want to get right in the way. They are 2 and 4 so it means mow, stop and feed them, or take them in for a drink, break up a fight or something. It takes 2 days of this to complete the job. I didnt mow last week due to the heat and humidity so this week it is taller then usual. I got over half done yesterday and the 13 year old will be mowing some today. Woooo hoooooo..... I promised the kids we would go to the pool if they were good yesterday so I am taking them for the day and then tonight when it cools down I will be mowing AGAIN!!!! So looking forward to a nice day! I HOPE!!!!

1 comment: